Sunday 18 April 2010

SBI PO and how it went????

well today i had given SBI PO exam...so thought of sharing my adventures on reaching the centre ,using google maps etc etc

well
i almost dropped the idea of writing any bank Po exams,but this one student of mine all of a sudden called me one day and said that he is going to buy the form and asked me whether i want one...
lazy me ,thought that any way i need not not go ,so asked him to bring one for me

never prepared and one day while going through pile of mails in FC1 (infy),in search of my XAT score card ,i found this big envelppe containing hall ticket of SBI
never bothered to open and least interested to write ,but since i already paid 500 of my hard earned money(may be a bit exageration)and center being in mysore ,decided to go for the exam

the centre is maharni college,mysore
A google search gave me historical imp of college(it is established in 1869)so thought every one in vicicnity will be knowing it

finally took the pains in filling biodata form,getting the certifcates xeroxed(why they want certificates during the exam time itself) and had a detail search in google and took 6 printouts of detailed map to recah there using google maps(in office printer ;) )
slept at friend's house by keeping the alarm for 6:20(not for me to wake up ;) )and woke up at 7:10 and out of my room by 7:45
earlier plan is to walk the distance,as i had detailed map with some 10-12 pointers on the way

got down the bus,(the driver said its just around the corner,idiotic me trusted more of google)
my plan is to try to find out the college by 8:30,if not take an auto(exam at 9:15)
started walking,and am happy that i can see all the pointers on the map ,but i completed all the pointers but still did not reach the spot,time 8:35
asked an old gentle man there,and he is very empathetic and siad the it is 3 km from the point we aree there and better take an auto(actually i walked those 3 kms and the point he is refering is the point where i started my journey ;( )
but still,trusted my gmaps and kept walking,now without to be seen by the old man

after some time,the road gave way to more like a village setup Time 8:40
its the time to panic and went to an auto and bargained for 30rs and got down at exactly same location where i got down the bus in the morning

so essentially i paid 30 rs and walked 3 kms for taking sbi po today
exam went fine
but writing 5 essays is the pain of life time ,some how wrote it ...may be who knows they might even select me

so this is how my sunday's day out for me

1 comment:

  1. well no one comments on my posts (their bad luck) so let myslef do the honours

    so the continuation of the story...i did get shortlisted for both the posts i applied....interview at chennai...but after some introspect (yup..the package is quite good) left it...

    ReplyDelete