Sunday 13 May 2012

The Saga of My singing Career 1

This time , i promise . There would definitely be  a second part (as i had already wrote that too :P )


Well it might come as a surprise looking at the title of the post , but yes i did tried my hands (rather my Voice) on many platforms ,but sadly my audience do not have artistic heart ( better word would be audacity) to encourage a great talent (:D) like me 



so below are the few incidences on how an upcoming singer's dreams had been crushed, grinded and what ever ....


Incidence 1 : Its year 1997 (or may be 98 it doesn't matter). I am in either 5th or 6th standard and our school won the inter city cricket championship . So to celebrate the occasion , our entire school students (around 800, quite a good number for my first performance) had been gathered in the ground ( The concept of cheerleaders is not yet thought over by Lalit Modi then, so we rather had celebrations after the match ) . One of the teacher announced that who ever is interested can come on to the stage and sing a song . This call is more than enough for the artist in me and immediately dragged my friend (Amaresh) along with me and been the first people on stage to sing the song which i had been practising for the past 10-15 days (not for the occasion though)
   As and when we started the first few lines (its from the famous kamal hasan movie that time , "Indian" )and song goes like this "Pachani chilakalu todunte , paade koyala vintunte (which literally translates to green parrots be on our side and koyal listening to our song...:) ) , we were stopped and asked to get off the stage 


reason: they changed the rules of the game ( does we had a role to play in that , we don't know) and said we should not be singing cinema songs . so that's the end of my first performance


Incidence 2 : Its again some time in the school and this time i had a fool proof plan so that no one would be stopping me midway . I had given my name for district level singing competition ( quite ambitious considering my reputation as singer at school and at home ) . I dragged my dad to take me to the venue on a sunday ( poor dad..can't say No ) and this time i had a modest audience of around 100 people . I did complete my song this time , but i did observe that by the time i completed the song only 50 remained in the hall ( i love to believe that they had completed their singing and after listening to me , would have thought they don't stand a chance).


Result: hahaha...if u still are looking for some fairy tale ending with me winning , u should definetely give me a call to listen me singing ...On second thoughts, u can send me an SMS with ur interest of being my audience , i can call and sing for u :P


To be continued..........................

5 comments:

  1. Cool mama..... we did it.. :D
    I think we kept on memorizing that incident everyday in Mysore..

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward for the part 2... i hope it includes about you singing for us in the 200 seater, i think it was gaaju vaka pilla... ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. can u sing that song once again for me....

    ReplyDelete