Saturday 19 May 2012

The Saga of My Singing Career 2



Continued...................




Incidence 3: The young singer in me had grown up amidst many small performance in my colony ( there use to be a power cut every day evening and all the colony kids in my street use to gather at a place and play "Anthakshari" ). Its a different story that they discontinued this game and shifted to others with no scope of singing ( i don't know why they keep changing the rules ). Any how now the grown up singer in me had joined Engineering first year and its time for some ragging .
 This time i had a much smaller crowd of 4 senior girls ( heheh..they dont have a chance to escape). At that point of time they don't know what's gonna hit them , they made the biggest mistake of their lives . THEY ASKED ME TO SING" (:D :D :D)


Singing i did , but they are rather particular about minor mistakes like the lyrics ( the actual song from film "Gharshana" which says hero rose from some thing and i said hero drowned in some thing ..what difference does it make ;) )


so after few unsuccesful attempts to correct me and having laughed their heart content , they left me ( now seriously tell me , how many singers out there had this talent of making their audience laugh )




Incidence 4: Its some time during my training in Infosys and we had personality development classes. The rules of the class are simple : who ever comes late should either sing or dance. if they don't , they can ask any of their friends to do so.( wait: i didn't delebrately come late for the opportunity , u know opportunities come knocking the door to the talented)
The strength of audience this time is some 30 odd and they were all well versed with my singing talennt ( thanks to all the nights we spent in classrooms doing boring coding stuff )
Now this friend of mine came late , and the facilitator asked her to sing . My friend, who did had this uncanny ability of recognising talent better than her, suggested my name . The facilitator had no issues , but the class shouted in unison "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
I did come late the next day , but for some reason i had been excused from the rules ( might be the facilitator had deep respect for singers and hence the exception, i would love to believe so )


I prepared more vigorously this time expanding the range of songs i can sing (covering Telugu,Kannada, Hindi and English) for i am going to join TISS and i would sure get a chance during the ragging sessions  but alas, my seniors are far more intelligent or might be the word travelled far and wide from Arabian sea coast(visakhapatnam) to Indian ocean coast(mumbai)..(are the sea names correct???, it doesn't matter). They didn't ask me to sing :( :(


But as sharukh says "picture abhi baki hei" , who knows ..i will try for auditions for "Indian idol" and become popular






so my saga continues............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment